Friday, June 21, 2013

Hypothyroidism

Hypothyroidism

I am tired…
I am tired of being tired
Tired of feeling my heart race while barely exerting myself
Tired of the stomach aches
Tired of the head aches
Tired of tossing and turning each night
Tired of pressing snooze even more each morning
Tired of thinking I feel better today but then feeling worse minutes later
Tired of unclogging the drain and losing my hair
Tired of watching the scale go up
Tired of being home on Monday and not playing soccer
Tired of watching my volleyball team play without me
Tired of breathing heavy walking the stairs
Tired of reading conflicting information
Tired of hearing “but at least you know”
Tired of food tasting different
Tired of needing a nap after 7 hours of sleep
Tired of weeding out food from my diet
Tired of not being able to drink a few beers and sleep through the night
Tired of feeling like holding my head up is just too much work
Tired of being the slowest hiker
Tired of having not energy to enjoy a sunny day
Tired of wasting the little energy I have on house chores
Tired of hearing myself complaining
Tired of being asked how do you feel today?
Tired of hearing ‘you lost your color’
Tired of feeling faint
Tired of my knees hurting
Tired of itching my scalp
Tired of dry skin and brittle nails
Tired of reading words I can’t pronounce
Tired of knowing that my efforts to stop a pill and start a child is what caused this whirlwind
Tired of being enraged just because I am tired
Tired of wanting to fix things but no energy to fix them
Tired of reading of the horrible things that can happen to me
Tired of telling people it is my body that created this
Tired of hearing ‘but you’re so healthy?’
Tired of the foggy mind and forgetting more than I use too
Tired of crying out of exhaustion, out of feeling alone, out of feeling like I have yet another battle
I am tired of seeing that unbelieving cynical look in people's eyes when I tell them how I feel      

No comments:

Post a Comment