Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Vegan Week 2 with a Recipe!!!


So it is Tuesday and this marks the beginning of week two!  I can’t believe I have made it this far and it wasn’t that bad!!! So I have noticed the last few days I have been in a better mood and had more energy.  I can’t say for sure if it is because of the challenge but I will take it. I lost weight the first few days then I put it right back on the fallowing few days then lost it again.  Crazy.  I do fluctuate but for me it is typically about 2 lbs. e very few days.  I am not going to get too excited just yet.
                My husband is sick today so when I got home I tried to make something healthy that he would eat.  I took a recipe on the Quinoa and made it my own.  Let me share.

·         1 Cup of quinoa; cook as directed
·         1 Can of northern white beans drained, rinsed, and cooked as directed
·         2 Cups of frozen cauliflower cooked as directed
·         2 Cups of frozen broccoli cooked as directed
·         ½ Cup of pine nuts roasted.  Watch these closes they roast fast.  I typically do like 5 min in a toaster oven (add  last to individual dishes)
·         ½ Tablespoon olive oil: you can add more for taste
·         ½ Tablespoon Ume Plum Vinegar: you can add more for taste
·         ¼ teaspoon dried mint
·         Salt and pepper to taste
·         Mix all of the ingredients and if it is a little cool microwave it for a few min before adding the pine nuts

I loved it but my husband said the beans we a little dry.  Hope you can try this and make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment